Total Time: 40 minutes; 10 minutes active
The sweet juicy goodness of plums is concentrated in this delightful cake.Ingredients
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/3 cup almond milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
2 tablespoons lemon zest
2 cups pitted, sliced fresh plums
1 cup ground almonds
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9″ round cake pan with cooking spray.
2. In a small saucepan, heat the coconut oil over low heat until it is just melted, and allow it to cool a bit.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat together
the eggs, almond milk and melted coconut oil. In a separate bowl, sift together the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and spices; then gradually
4. add the sifted dry ingredients to the egg mixture and continue beating until fully incorporated. Fold in the lemon zest and pour the cake batter into the prepared
5. Prepare the topping by mixing together the ground almonds, honey and coconut oil; it should resemble a coarse streusel. Lay the sliced plums on top of the cake
batter, and top with the almond streusel. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Serve this dairy-free treat warm with a scoop of coconut sorbet. Cut in 2-inch squares and wrap in plastic wrap for a special lunchbox treat!
320 calories, 17 g. fat, 55 mg. cholesterol, 220 mg. sodium, 40 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 6 g. protein