Become a Member-OwnerEveryone is welcome to shop, but there are awesome benefits to membership.
Becoming a Member-Owner only takes a minute, but the results are long-lasting.
People’s Food Co-op, an Ann Arbor institution since 1971.
When you join the Co-op, you become part of a vibrant local food system that supports hundreds of farmers, growers & producers!
Benefits of being a Co-op Member
- 10% off for Members one day of your choice every month.
- 20% off discount on non-perishable case orders.
- Member-Only sales throughout the store.
- Discounts & coupons throughout the year.
- Member Appreciation Days: discounts, samples, & entertainment.
- Receive our Connection newsletter.
- Elect members or serve on the Co-op Board of Directors.
- Attend the Annual Meeting with guest speakers, food, & fellowship.
- Support local food & farms by keeping your money in the community.
- Keep approximately 50 local people employed.
- Receive a green reusable Co-op shopping bag.
- Patronage rebates: Co-ops share their profits with members in profitable years, proportional to the amount spent at the co-op.
JOIN WITH AN INVESTMENT OF $160
Payment plans are available!
Your investment helps the co-op grow!
Why be a member?
Besides the financial and other benefits on the reverse side, here are some additional ways your membership has an impact:
Our community will be enriched and you invest in an Ann Arbor institution that has been in existence since 1971.
You’re Supporting the cooperative movement:
PFC is part of an international cooperative movement, an alternative to the “big business” model. We’re in business to serve our community, not just to make a profit. We also support other cooperative business whenever possible.
You’re Keeping it Local:
Why support a huge multi-national, for-profit business when you can support a community-owned, not-for-profit business that’s been a part of Ann Arbor for 49 years.
We’re on a mission:
We care about the environment, access to safe, healthy food and the sustainability of our community. Join with others who share the same priorities by joining and supporting your co-op.
Our Ends Policies:
Health and well-being for Members and the community for a cost justified by the results.
Peoples Food Cooperative exists to provide service to our members and the community by achieving our ends:
- Through our products and services we promote local economy, environmental sustainability, health, and economic justice.
- We enhance and encourage cooperative community.
- We foster participatory ownership through volunteer opportunities, educational experiences and cooperative governance.
- In our business and community, we work towards the elimination of institutional and structural racism and oppression.
- We develop collective community wisdom around health and nutrition, principles and practices of sustainability, cooperative values and principles, and our own cooperative history.
- We are a model employer demonstrating a culture of professionalism, mutual support, and open communication which is based on the balance of personal and organizational needs.
- Remembering and building on Peoples Food Co-op’s history we will thrive into the future!