The health of our shoppers and staff is important.
We want you to know that we are doing all we can to give you peace of mind as you shop with us in the face of the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We’re reinforcing our already high cleanliness and sanitation standards by taking additional proactive actions. We will continue to assess the situation daily. In the meantime, we have taken many steps such as the following:
We are closely monitoring the status of coronavirus in our area, taking extra precautions in our store, and communicating with local health authorities.
Important Notice: Covid Case Reported
PFC Covid Case Reported 8/9/2021
PFC Covid Case Reported 3/28/2021
PFC Covid Case Reported 11/6/2020
What the Co-op is doing
- Per Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order: Face masks are required for all persons inside the store over the age of 5 years old.
- Your Mask Must: Cover mouth & nose with no holes. Remain on while in the store. Be hands free.
- You May Not: Leave your nose exposed. Use a hand-held mask. Use your shirt as a mask.
- Mask maybe a cloth face covering (woven or tightly-knit, but no lace or crochet) or a surgical mask, or respirator which fully covers nose and mouth. A plastic face-shield my be used in combination with a mask but is not an acceptable substitute.
- For individuals not able to wear a mask we offer online ordering with contact less pick-up.
- We have dedicated shopping time for customers in higher risk categories( Tuesdays and Thursdays 8am-9am).
- Increasing frequency of sanitizing high-touch surfaces.
- Installing additional hand sanitizing stations.
- Maintaining our already high sanitation practices.
- Daily health screenings for all staff.
- Reminding staff to stay home if experiencing cold or flu symptoms.
- Temporarily suspending food sampling.
- Suspended self-serve items in the café
- Suspended hot bar and salad bar service.
- Suspended in-house dining the common seating area will be closed
- Temporarily suspending bottle, can, and compostable containers returns (effective 3/20)
- We will continue to take case orders: There will be a lag time based on warehouse availability sometimes multiple weeks. Especially bulk beans and rice due to demand. Our case order return policy is still in place. Sorry, no returns on case orders once they leave the store.
- We limit the number of customers in the store. To manage customer flow if the store becomes too busy we will put up a sign outside instructing customers to wait for a customer to leave before they enter the store.
About PFC sponsored classes
- Classes are canceled. We hope to reschedule some of the affected classes. Please stay tuned to our website and email for information.
What you can do
- Wear A Mask
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Stocking you shelves
Co-op members can stock up on products by placing a special order with a cashier or calling 734-994-9174 for up to 20% off the regular prices or at the sale price which every is the better deal. Most items will arrive within a few days.
Public information resource
PFC COVID 19 Preparedness and Response Plan v3 6220
Health Department | Washtenaw County, MI Website: https://www.washtenaw.org/1129/Health-Department Phone: (734) 544-6700
Part of the very fiber of our culture is to always do the right thing. We are your local grocer. We live here with you. We eat the same wonderful food that we sell to you. We love our community and we will continue to give you our very best every day.
– Thank you for your support & understanding