- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup jicama (about 1/2 of a large jicama), peeled and diced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (more if you like things hot!)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup tomato or vegetable juice
- 1 1/2 limes, juiced (about 1/4 cup juice)
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced (prep avocado just before serving the gazpacho to prevent browning)
In a large mixing bowl, stir all ingredients together except for the avocado. For optimal flavor, allow the mixture to sit for a couple hours to allow the flavors to blend. Stir in the avocado just before serving.
Serve with crusty bread and additional hot sauce, if desired. Or throw in a few grilled shrimp and a touch of sour cream.
– See more at: http://strongertogether.coop/recipes/rustic-gazpacho/#sthash.blAtbs7J.dpuf